Selective copy of jobs where stubbing occurs - "Job for Storage Policy Copy"

Last post 04-21-2014, 4:05 PM by seabird. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Selective copy of jobs where stubbing occurs - "Job for Storage Policy Copy"
    Posted: 04-17-2014, 9:10 AM

On the BOL there is an indication that a manual selective copy will provide and option to select a job:

http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v10/article?p=features/storage_policy_copy/copy_prop_sel.htm

Do not Automatically select jobs

Select this option so that no backups will be copied to this copy unless they are manually selected for copy from the Job for Storage Policy Copy dialog box

So, where does this dialog box come from? I've setup and ran a couple test selective copies trying to make this appear and no where can I see how to select a "job" for the copy, only associations of subclients or full backup selections. Is this a misprint or if this is possible, how is it achieved?

What I'm trying to do is use selective copies to only the files which were stubbed to tape by selecting only those jobs where the disk cleanup was cranked down enough to actually move things off disk (without seperate backupsets and subclient duplications). Maybe this is not possible, just experimenting with options.

thanks

• Re: Selective copy of jobs where stubbing occurs - "Job for Storage Policy Copy"
    Posted: 04-18-2014, 11:17 AM
    • Ali is not online. Last active: 07-03-2019, 12:32 PM Ali
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-05-2010

Hi Seabird,

The one way this works is, if you have this option selected on the Copy, then the job selection is determined by the Schedule Policy, to pickup the latest job when its started. 

Second way, if you're looking to manually pick the jobs for this copy yourself, right click the selective copy -- > View Jobs --> Advanced --> choose radio button for "Jobs that will not be copied" --> OK --> OK.  Here you can right click and select the jobs this Copy has not selected already, and pick them to copy.

Let us know if thats what you're looking for.

• Re: Selective copy of jobs where stubbing occurs - "Job for Storage Policy Copy"
    Posted: 04-21-2014, 4:05 PM

Yeah, I see that  I can view the ones that have not copied and select those. I think the wording in BoL could be improved just a tad for this one.

thanks

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy