No Backup In Web Console My Data View

Last post 05-06-2015, 5:58 PM by Remala. 13 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • No Backup In Web Console My Data View
    Posted: 04-18-2014, 1:03 PM

Currently we are unable to see any backups under the My Data selection on the web console for archiving.  Archive job and Content indexing jobs have been ran and verified.  User is in correct End User Access group.  

Stubs are present within exchange Mailbox but end user cannot see any mail within web console.

Any Ideas?

• Re: No Backup In Web Console My Data View
    Posted: 04-18-2014, 2:50 PM

Hi cdixon,

Please make sure you assign ownerhsip privaleges to the clients for the endusers.

To do this please see [Assigning Owner for Client Computers] selection here

http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v10/article?p=products/fs_archive_win/webconsole/config_web_console.htm

Thank you

Donato

Posted: 04-21-2014, 8:23 AM

That was verified but still having the same issue

Posted: 04-22-2014, 10:40 AM
    • isle is not online. Last active: 06-04-2019, 3:28 PM isle
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-21-2012
    • NJ
    • Adept
    • Points 308

What Version of Simpana and what Service pack are the CS and Webserver on currently?

Posted: 04-22-2014, 12:23 PM

We are on Simpana 10 SP 5B

Posted: 04-22-2014, 12:28 PM

Did you follow the configuration steps here ? Note, setting up end user access for Exchange is different from setting up end user access for FileSystem data.  Exchange requires commcell association on the exchange client / proxy whereas filesystem requires client ownership. 

http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v10/article?p=products/fs_archive_exchange/web_console/config.htm

Wearer of Many Hats
    Posted: 04-22-2014, 12:31 PM

Yes the steps were followed.  Funny thing its isolated to only a few users that are in the exact same groups as the users it is working for.

Posted: 04-22-2014, 12:39 PM

Are you able to see the data from these users when browsing this same client from the commcell console ?

Wearer of Many Hats
    Posted: 04-22-2014, 12:40 PM
    • isle is not online. Last active: 06-04-2019, 3:28 PM isle
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-21-2012
    • NJ
    • Adept
    • Points 308

I believe you will need to setup the mailbox for their account with the mailbox IDA.

Can you confirm if the users it works for use mailbox backups and vice-versa for the ones failing.

If they are both using mailbox backups I would open a support case.

Posted: 04-22-2014, 12:41 PM

yea they are using mailbox backups as well.  No problem seeing their backed up data within the commcell just not through the web console.  

Thanks, I will open a support case

Posted: 05-01-2014, 4:57 PM

Your not alone.  We are having the same exact problem- I have an open ticket with dev since assigning a user to a client computer group (and giving them full access into that group) still does not give any reports through the webconsole (commcell console however works great for them!)

FYI we are not even using mailbox IDA's, only VSA VM's

Posted: 05-01-2014, 5:57 PM

seeing data for mailboxes and data from backed up VMs are two very different things, perhaps you want to start a new thread on this ?

That said, are some users able to see the data from those VMs but not other users ?  Did you run the VSA backup with the granular backup option selected ? What capabilities and associations have you given to the groups that these users are members of ?

Are you trying to see "My Data" for these VMs, or are you trying to see data from these VMs in the "Reports" section of Web COnsole ?

Wearer of Many Hats
    Posted: 05-06-2015, 9:54 AM

It's on year later, but has this issue been solved? My end-users see no "mail" tab in the Web Console. I gave them Enduser rights and Owner rights and followed all the suggestions (I think) mentioned above.

Thanks.

Posted: 05-06-2015, 5:58 PM

Hi,

can you please escalate to the support?

there is no such open issues to view webconsole data.

Thanks,
    Srinivas 

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy