Use CDR to replicate files on shared file system

Last post 07-28-2014, 10:02 PM by RAJ. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Use CDR to replicate files on shared file system
    Posted: 05-02-2014, 9:33 PM

Hi Gurus,

I need to replicate files resides on a shared file system.

This file system is shared between 3 file servers, so all file servers can view of edit files.

In this case, can I just install CDR on just one file server, and replicate everything to Media Agent?

I don't know that CDR driver recognize the change of file during it is being write on OS level, or just read the change directly from disk.

I am afraid that if I install CDR agent on 1st file server, but the change is made by 2nd or 3rd file server, the CDR driver installed on 1st file server will not recognize the changes.

Anyone please give help me recommendation about this.

Thank you very much.

• Re: Use CDR to replicate files on shared file system
    Posted: 05-29-2014, 3:55 PM
  • Re: Use CDR to replicate files on shared file system
    Posted: 07-28-2014, 10:02 PM

With CDR installed on the 3 Source machines(different source machines), the destination can be a UNC path, with user impersonation, however as depicted the three pairs need to go to three Different share on UNC.

When configuring pairs just choose src and dest to be same machine but the destination Path is to be the UNC location to shared folder.

This is doable but suggest you perform some testing in-house before implementing teh solution to make sure the outcome is what you expect.

You can also do UNC to UNC replication, provided underlying File System is NTFS.

Raj A
The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy