Recover all protected mail

Last post 05-13-2014, 4:36 PM by Remala. 8 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Recover all protected mail
    Posted: 05-05-2014, 4:34 AM

I need to recover everything that's been archived out of an Exchange mailbox, regardless of date or anything.

I found this document http://documentation.commvault.com/hds/release_8_0_0/books_online_1/english_us/features/recover_dm/exchange_how_to.htm

which seems to give instructions for exactly what I want to do, but this is for V8, our installation is V10, and the menu options referenced do not exist.

Can anyone point me to a document that explains this for V10?

(Or just tell me how to do it in V10!)

Thanks in advance.

• Re: Recover all protected mail
    Posted: 05-05-2014, 1:27 PM
    • Ali is not online. Last active: 07-03-2019, 12:32 PM Ali
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-05-2010
    Posted: 05-06-2014, 4:38 AM

I think so; it looks as if I need to use the command-line utility, which seems a bit of a step back cf. the GUI method in V8.

However I will try a few things with these utilities and see if they accomplish what I need.

Thanks for your help!

Posted: 05-09-2014, 5:27 AM

Tried the cvrecallmailbox.exe

The parameters are not quite as listed in that article, but the help tells you what to do.

However, I always get this error:

"Total number of stubs selecterd for recall: 0, total size: 0Did not find restore manager object"

Searches on this error return no results.

The CVRecallMailbox log and the CVRecallMailbox_Failure log both contain the same message as their last lines, but no errors before that to indicate what the problem is.

Can anyone offer a solution?

Posted: 05-09-2014, 3:46 PM

Hi Andrew,

Can you please create the registry key "cvrecallmailbox_debuglevel" and set a value 9 under

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CommVault Systems\Galaxy\Instance001\EventManager\

also run this in reporting mode.

and share the full log files cvrecallmailbox.log?

we will correct the parameters in documentation.

Thanks,
    Srinivas

Posted: 05-12-2014, 3:15 AM

Set debug level as requested, re-ran the command, log file attached.

Andrew

Attachment: CvRecallMailBox.txt
    Posted: 05-12-2014, 5:04 PM

Andrew,

For a test can you pick the particular folder which has stubs and try cvrecall mailbox for that specific folder?

Example: user1@email.com,inbox\folder1

this time no need to run on reporting mode (if you are OK to recall all the items in particular folder)

and share the same log files.

Thanks,
    Srinivas.

Posted: 05-13-2014, 5:18 AM

Hello,

I tried again, using a folder which I know contains archive stubs (I'm testing on my own mailbox).

The result was the same.

Log file is attached.

Andrew

Attachment: CvRecallMailBox.txt
    Posted: 05-13-2014, 4:36 PM

Thanks Andrew,

From the logs provided I don't see any errors, can you please contact the support so we can take it from there.

Thanks,
    Srinivas

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy