Stub recall by MAC ifinder and Windows Explorer preview.

Last post 05-27-2014, 11:05 PM by Walter Grande. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Stub recall by MAC ifinder and Windows Explorer preview.
    Posted: 05-12-2014, 4:04 PM

It seems that MAC ifinder and archiving are not the best friends.

The ifinder process want to create a preview of al the files it finds and so starts of the recall process.

Wat I read that you have to use Thirdparty software to tackle this, does anybody have an experience with this behaivor and how did you handle it?

This recall process seems to also be started when you have set the windows explorer up for showing previews of documents an pictures, I think you can tackle that by using a GPO, but I’am very intrested how other people did  it.

• Re: Stub recall by MAC ifinder and Windows Explorer preview.
    Posted: 05-13-2014, 11:40 AM
    • Ali is not online. Last active: 07-03-2019, 12:32 PM Ali
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-05-2010

Hi RAW, hope you are well.  Just to confirm, what version of Simpana are you currently on?

Posted: 05-13-2014, 2:42 PM

Hello Ali,

Running version V10 with SP6.

Posted: 05-27-2014, 11:05 PM
    At any point where there is a read operation performed on an archived file, it will be processed for recall. This is how all HSM operations normally works. If you are going to be using the finder or explorer to perform say double clock recalls. There isn't much I can think of as a work around besides disabling Preview Mode.
The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy