Offline Content Index and Re-picking after migration

Last post 06-11-2014, 9:28 PM by Brad.Lucas. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Offline Content Index and Re-picking after migration
    Posted: 06-09-2014, 3:56 AM

Not sure where the best place to post a CI question is but Archive will do considering it's my archive data that I'm indexing Yell

I've moved to CI v10 and all new jobs are indexing on the new version.
    However I need to re-index my older data in order to fix the duplicate item issue in v9 that's affecting my item count and licensing.

I can't see an obvious way to determine what version or engine a job was indexed with. Any ideas?

At this point my only thought is to go by date.

Thanks

• Re: Offline Content Index and Re-picking after migration
    Posted: 06-09-2014, 8:49 AM

Hello Brad.Lucas,

It is not an easy task to idenify the JOB to CIengine so I would recommend opening a support ticket and include your Commserve Database.  We will then be able to stage the database locally and determine the jobs necessary to be re-indexed.  We also have the ability to export the jobs to CSV format of the jobs that are need to be re-index. A Qoperation script cab be executred to repick them which will save you some time manually picking them.

Thank you 

Donato 

Posted: 06-09-2014, 8:56 AM

Good Day Brad,

Assuming we are talking about a cut over from V9 CI on FAST into a V10 CI on SOLR. The quick way is this. Go directly to the Storage Policy for which you are CI ( content indexing) on the name of the Storage Policy from the Commcell browser side (left had side of screen typically) Do a View jobs operation. This will list all the jobs of that Storage Policy. In the columns you will or should see two columns related to CI data jobs. These will be (1) Content Indexed Time and (2) Content Indexed Status. You can use the Content Indexed time (date and time) to cross reference against the date you moved to SOLR or V10. Anything prior to that date would probably be what you need to reindex or pick for reindex into SOLR.

Hope this helps,

SG1

Posted: 06-11-2014, 9:28 PM

Thanks SG1, using the dates will work for me as I have a big gap in Content Indexed Time during the migration.  Once I'm confident everything has moved across I might send my DB to Commvault just to confirm before uninstalling version 9.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy