V10 Linux DVD

Last post 06-16-2014, 8:21 PM by Michael Fox. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • V10 Linux DVD
    Posted: 05-21-2014, 10:40 AM

I must be missing something very obvious....   but I just can't find it.....

I have a CommVault V9 Linux DVD iso, which I usually NFS-mount on new clients and then run "cvpkgadd" to start the installation of the CV client.  Where can I find and download such an iso-file for V10? All I can find are download managers for Windows.  The V9 DVD iso has about 5.6G, does something like this exist for V10?

Werner

• Re: V10 Linux DVD
    Posted: 05-21-2014, 2:15 PM
    • efg is not online. Last active: 06-21-2019, 3:04 PM efg
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-02-2010
    • CommVault Tinton Falls NJ
    • Expert
    • Points 1,658

Hi Werner,

To cut back on the size of the downloads the ISOs have been replaced with the "bootstrapper" program.   With that you can selectively pick which Unix/Linux packages to download, and it will create a "tarball" on your desktop which then can be copied and installed to the Unix/Linux servers.  This cuts down on the over all download times, and reduces the size of the install packages.  ISO images are no longer available for V10.

It should make managing the SW packages for the Unix systems much more manageable.

Let us know if this info helps.

Ernst F. Graeler
    Senior Engineer III
    Development
  • Re: V10 Linux DVD
    Posted: 06-16-2014, 8:21 PM

I should also point out like Ernie has, that if you use the bootstrapper utility to select all unix platforms and all unix ida's and selected download with or without tar file creation, the download contacts is pretty much the same as what the dvd use to be. So you could technically take the tar file and populate a subfolder on the nfs mount and this would be the same as what the Simpana 9 DVD3 was.

The bootstrap method means as Ernie said, you can select only the platforms your interested in and the iDA's you want to make the download smaller, thus quicker to obtain.

This also enables quicker delivery of enhancements to the scripts that would be part of the interactive installer, as these can now be updated and electronically available via bootstrap downloader, thus no more need to cut frequent DVD3's like in the older releases.

It has some distinct advantages. 

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy