Error on CommServe

Last post 09-29-2010, 4:12 PM by SuziF. 6 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Error on CommServe
    Posted: 09-29-2010, 2:37 PM

Just upgraded to 8.0 SP5 and getting the following message when I log onto the CommServe server:

Faulting application scheduledReport.exe, version 8.0.68.0, faulting module msvcr90.dll, version 9.0.21022.8, fault address 0x00058d7a.

Is there anyway to correct this issue?

• Re: Error on CommServe
    Posted: 09-29-2010, 3:09 PM

Good afternoon,

Does this occur every time you log into the GUI?  Is there a report running when this occurs?

James

Posted: 09-29-2010, 3:27 PM

I noticed it last night from home because I logon to the server when I am home.  There were 3 or 4 of the messages.  I went into the Event Viewer/Application and saw that there were quite a few of these messages. 

Faulting application GxPlatformReport.exe, version 8.0.68.10731, faulting module GalaxySetupCommon.dll, version 8.0.68.15616, fault address 0x0000201b.

Since I run the client on my laptop I don't see this message.  It is only on the server.  It does have a time associated with it.  Not sure but I can check the Reports folder and see.

Posted: 09-29-2010, 3:38 PM

I have seen that second process crash when automatic upgrades are performed through the GUI.  I know you mentioned SP5 was recently upgraded.  Was the CommServe recently rebooted?

Posted: 09-29-2010, 3:50 PM

no.  Is a re-boot required after you apply a ServicPack?

Posted: 09-29-2010, 3:56 PM

It is not required but I would give that a try to see if that clears up the errors you are receiving.

Posted: 09-29-2010, 4:12 PM

OK will have to schedule a re-boot.  Need to put a request in.  Thanks for your quick responses. 

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy