SP5 deployment

Last post 09-30-2010, 4:20 PM by JLHeaton. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • SP5 deployment
    Posted: 09-30-2010, 3:58 PM

So I've installed SP5 on my CommServe.  Do I have to manually install it on all the clients as well, or is it added to the Update Cache?  Within CommCell Console, all my clients say Up to Date, but none have SP5 installed.

• Re: SP5 deployment
    Posted: 09-30-2010, 4:05 PM

Good afternoon,

In the Base directory on the CommServe, you can run CopytoCache.exe and browse to the location where you saved SP5 and copy it to the update cache.  Once that is complete, you can then push Sp5 to your Clients via the GUI.

James

Posted: 09-30-2010, 4:07 PM

that's what I forgot... thanks :)

Do I have to do that for both the 64-bit and 32-bit versions of the service pack?

Posted: 09-30-2010, 4:10 PM

Yes, you would have to do that in order to place both the 32 and 64 bit versions in Update Cache.

Posted: 09-30-2010, 4:20 PM

that's what I figured... thanks Cool

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy