Am I eligible to take exams?

Last post 09-18-2014, 12:46 PM by jmills. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Am I eligible to take exams?
    Posted: 09-18-2014, 10:49 AM

I am a SAN Administrator and also the Commvault Administrator for my organization. I am interested in pursuing the Commvault Certified Professional. 

From what I am reading from both the Education Advantage Portal https://ea.commvault.com/Education/Certification and Frank Celauro's Commvault Concepts and Design Strategies book, I am required to attend class before I am able to take the exams.

Is this the case? Do I really have to attend Commvault Training before I am allowed to take any exam? I have been administrating this system for over 1 year for the DOD, and will be standing up another instance under another Commcell ID next year. Unfortunately training credits were not included when that contract was awarded.

Thanks in advance!

John.

• Re: Am I eligible to take exams?
    Posted: 09-18-2014, 10:51 AM

DOH!!! My apologies. This post was meant for the Certification forum.

• Re: Am I eligible to take exams?
    Posted: 09-18-2014, 12:46 PM

I am not sure as to the official rules, but I think you can take most of the tests without the classes. That being said I would HIGHLY recommend taking the courses. I too have the book and experience, but the tests are based a lot on situations and concepts taught in the classes.

-J. Mills
    Systems Engineer (Storage & Backup)
    CommVault Certified Master

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy