Archive Subclient Mistake

Last post 12-09-2014, 10:00 PM by Walter Grande. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Archive Subclient Mistake
    Posted: 10-06-2014, 7:13 AM

Hi all,

Hoping someone can help with a minor mishap I've had with an archive job and its impact on our capacity license.

I created a new Backup Set for an archive of one of our file servers, set up the subclient to archive and stub and set the initial Full job going. However, I'd forgotted to check the 'Only backup files that qualify for archiving checkbox' and as a result it has allocated the whole 1.7TB on that file server against our archive capacity license instead of the 900GB that got archived.

After checking the box and running a Synthetic Full, that doesn't seem to have made any difference, and the Syn Full still comes in at 1.7TB+. Is there any way to get this down to the correct selection (only files that have been archived and stubbed) without having to restore all the stubs and re-do the archive process again?

Many thanks,

--Richard

• Re: Archive Subclient Mistake
    Posted: 10-07-2014, 2:20 PM

Hello Richard,

Have you run a conventional full to see if it recalculates?  I would recommend giving that a try as the next step.

JW

Posted: 10-16-2014, 3:39 AM

Unfortunately I can't do that. It's a OnePass archive job, so once it's run once the only option seems to be Synthetic Full. I did see a section in the docs that says if the selection list is changed then prune user deleted items needs to be enabled to recalculate the Synthetic Full, but I've tried that twice now with no success, the Synthetic Full jobs still show 1.74TB instead of the expected 900GB.

--Richard

Posted: 12-09-2014, 10:00 PM
    I cannot see a way of getting around this issue, without rehydrating the stubbed data. (Then start fresh) Please keep us posted if you happened to have found a way?
The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy