How to get jobid of a task launched using Execute

Last post 10-24-2014, 9:06 AM by vmichel38. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • How to get jobid of a task launched using Execute
    Posted: 10-24-2014, 5:30 AM

Hello

If I create a task using the "Execute" operation, I can set the inputXML variable to indicate what I want to execute (generally this XML comes from a "save as script" command. Sometimes it's mandatory to use that instead of the standard "backup" operations as additional/advanced parameters may be required.

The problem is then that I can not use the WaitForJobCompletion task to wait until the backup is completed because the Execute operation does not export the jobId.

Is there a simple way to retrieve the jobid associated with the execute operation?

Of course we can imagine using a prescript writing the jobId somewhere to be retrieved by a workflow task, but a bit complex.

Thanks

Michel

• Re: How to get jobid of a task launched using Execute
    Posted: 10-24-2014, 8:02 AM

You can use the XPathQuery activity in between to extract the job id.

Then the "result" output will contain a job id that you can use in the WaitForJobComplete activity

• Re: How to get jobid of a task launched using Execute
    Posted: 10-24-2014, 9:06 AM

Great!

Thanks a lot.

I found it in Books On Line so i can go deeper on this subject.

Michel

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy