Self resolution

Last post 03-21-2011, 10:09 AM by Vincenzo_Basolino. 11 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Self resolution
    Posted: 10-11-2010, 3:28 PM

You should be able to mark your own post as a resolution to a problem. We ended up solving our own problem here but had to mark someone else's post as the resolution to close it.

I don't care about the "poster points" or anything, it's just that the resolution to the problem isn't really marked as such now.

• Re: Self resolution
    Posted: 10-12-2010, 11:05 AM

Hello DaveLowenstein,

You're right we did suppress the option to "solve" posts if you're the original poster and indeed this was to prevent point hoarding.

I'll speak with our application team and see if we can null the value if the original poster solves a his/her post. If not I we can probably add an option for self solved.

When we have something put together I will reply back to on this thread notifying you of the change.

thanks for the feedback it is appreciated.

Posted: 01-23-2011, 9:48 PM

any news on this?

Posted: 01-24-2011, 11:46 AM

Good morning,

I will find out and get back to you.

JW

Posted: 01-27-2011, 10:34 AM

Hi all,

Sorry for the delay. Yes, this is being rolled into the next push of forum enhancements.

A few things planned for 2011 that are held up at the moment due to the "empty post" bug. We are aggresively chasing that problem down and once resolved pending enhancements will be released.

Posted: 01-28-2011, 1:28 AM

good to hear its being rolled out.

what other things are planned for 2011 that you mention then?

Posted: 01-28-2011, 2:47 PM

Hi sssstew,

Here is a short list

Technical/Software enhancements

• self resolution: allowing users to solve their own posts
    • post tagging: when submitting a post users can associate keywords
    • user details (version/sp and a few other options if users choose to share)
    • Ranking enhancements: Ranks give some powers in the forum and distinguished post visibility
    • Aligning forum with our CRM package (oh the joys of integration!)
    • adding a Disaster Recovery forum

We also have operational goals to bring to the forum community in 2011 that will be posted in the announcements section such as promotions and participation campaigns.

As a side note: The adoption of this forum by our customer base has been fantastic and exceeded our projections. We have participants from 34 countries and this page is the highest visited that exists behind MA login. This year you will see continued investment into our forum and other social initiatives that I think you will be pleased to see.

Posted: 01-30-2011, 8:59 PM

good to hear, thanks Stephen.

Posted: 03-17-2011, 11:53 PM

SConnington:

As a side note: The adoption of this forum by our customer base has been fantastic and exceeded our projections. We have participants from 34 countries and this page is the highest visited that exists behind MA login. This year you will see continued investment into our forum and other social initiatives that I think you will be pleased to see.

I am a big fan of forums, and quite happy to lend my support beyond this resource. Look forward to being able to contribute further to the forum community in the weeks/months ahead.

Thanks

Posted: 03-20-2011, 10:07 PM

so any news on when these enhancements will be made yet?

Posted: 03-20-2011, 11:22 PM

Hi Stew,

Self resolution is ready to go going to turn it on the end of next week. We have added additional ranks(needed to get creative here Laughing) and looking to add other distinguishing characteristics for members who post frequently on these forums.

CRM integration is there, however I suppose that more benefits the CV folks.

Outstanding items are progressing across the board and I'll ask our application dev lead to come into this thread and comment.

Posted: 03-21-2011, 10:09 AM

SConnington:

We have added additional ranks(needed to get creative here Laughing) and looking to add other distinguishing characteristics for members who post frequently on these forums.

NICE!

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy