I am by no means very knowledgable in scripting, let alone XML or Java, but I'm slowly learning.
It takes forever to add a user group as the owner of clients, especially when you have 30-40 to do at a time. For my delivery guys, I wanted to make something easy to use.
Long story short, I want to make the XML script to assocate a user group to a client into a workflow.
I have a workflow created that does the following:
- client group
- User group
- Action (ADD, DELETE,OVERWRITE)
The script will then query CV and pulls the client list
a ForEach appends each client name with...
"<entity><clientName>" + Client + "</clientName></entity>"
... and outputs to a list.
I now have all the components needed to create the XML script.
At this point I was stuck because it didn't appear workflow had a way to actually excute the data.
I then found the XML-operation based activity where you can actually create a new activity based around an XML script you create. I thought this was perfect! I create the new activity, created the variables and added them to the XML script.
I then ran it... and nothing happens. Checking the logs I learned why.
What should have been inserted as:
Was appearing as:
The escape characters (< and >) were being converted before being inserted into the script.
I'm really stuck at this point. I'll continue to troubleshoot and try to find a way around it, but I'd be curious if anyone found a way around this. Like I said, this is my first forey into true scripting, JAVA, and XML.