Aux Copies Weekly Full of entire SP

Last post 10-14-2010, 3:52 PM by ipman. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Aux Copies Weekly Full of entire SP
    Posted: 10-14-2010, 11:47 AM

Seems I'm a little confused at how to setup my AUX copy..

Maybe someone can help me out.

What I'd like to do is every Sunday kick off an AUX copy of my Email Archive Storage Policy that backs up the entire Storage Policy to tape.

Currently the archives go to disk so I'd like to use these AUX copies for DR purposes.

Not interested in incrementals just a full copy of all the archives incase I lost the SAN.

So what I currenlty have it setup as is:

Selective

Backups on and after **date_before_archiving_began**

Selective Copy - set to Auto select Full Backup at frequency "All Fulls"

The first Aux Copy works as planned however the second only copies whats changed since the first run

• Re: Aux Copies Weekly Full of entire SP
    Posted: 10-14-2010, 3:04 PM
    • Aplynx is not online. Last active: 09-19-2019, 11:14 AM Liam
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-04-2010
    • New Jersey
    • Master
    • Points 1,707

the second only copies whats changed since the first run

I'm not sure what you mean? The aux copy will copy job by job. So if there are 10 fulls on the first Sunday the Aux runs it will copy those 10 jobs. On the second Sunday if there are 10 new fulls it will then copy those jobs.

You should be able to see what the aux intends to copy by right clicking on the aux policy and viewing the jobs. It will list what has been copied and what needs to be copied.

Posted: 10-14-2010, 3:33 PM

If there are 10 copies the first Sunday, then 10 new ones the second Sunday. I want Sunday aux copy to have all 20 copies. Instead of just the new 10

Posted: 10-14-2010, 3:47 PM
    • Aplynx is not online. Last active: 09-19-2019, 11:14 AM Liam
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-04-2010
    • New Jersey
    • Master
    • Points 1,707

i'm pretty certain that is not an option that can be set automatically. you could manually select all the jobs  and set them to "to be copied" again, but it seems like it would be a very large redundant amount of data. the data from the first aux would still exist, depending on your retention, why would you copy it all over again?

Posted: 10-14-2010, 3:52 PM

It's intent is to be a Disaster Recovery copy incase the spinning disk its primarily stored on dies.

I only plan on keeping the data 30 days then recycling it.

If I can only copy whats new it would mean I would always need to keep the original copy and every copy afterwards to do a full restore.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy