Unable to add associations to archive schedule policy

Last post 12-18-2014, 8:57 PM by Woody_. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Unable to add associations to archive schedule policy
    Posted: 12-18-2014, 2:52 PM

A colleague had set up an Archive storage and schedule policy a while back and it ran successfully a couple times. I went to run it yesterday and and it errored out because there were no associations. 

When I tried to add associations I was unable to do so, it didn't list any clients. The policy type is Data Agent and the agent type is Windows File Archiver. 

Is this because there are no WFAs in our environment or because this feature has been deprecated?

• Re: Unable to add associations to archive schedule policy
    Posted: 12-18-2014, 3:51 PM

Woody,

This agent type is reserved for standalone Windows File Archiver agent.  Are you doing archiving using the windows filesystem with onepass  instead?  If so use the Windows Files System agent type instead.

Let me know if I can help further.

Posted: 12-18-2014, 4:00 PM

We don't have OnePass configured as we don't have licensing. If I configure the policy as you've stated, won't that require a OnePass license?

Thanks for your help with this.

Posted: 12-18-2014, 8:44 PM

in Agent type can you select all agents and try again

Posted: 12-18-2014, 8:57 PM
    I'll give that a shot, thanks.
The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy