Find file across multiple backups

Last post 12-22-2014, 11:07 AM by Ananda V. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Find file across multiple backups
    Posted: 12-22-2014, 10:05 AM

I am trying to find a way to list a file across multple backups (of a VM) so that I can then select which one to recover.

We often get requests to restore a file that has been corrupted (typically psts). Often the file size changes dramatically upon corruption but it is difficult to determine on which date that happened. We have to open the backup history for the relevant subclient then drill down through every snap backup until we find what looks like an uncorrupted version.

I've tried using the Find option but all it ever returns is the most recent backup of the file, even when you select a time range.

In summary, I want to specify a filename, and the server it was backup up from, then have CommVault return all known backups of that file.

Thanks,

Alan

• Re: Find file across multiple backups
    Posted: 12-22-2014, 11:07 AM

HI

Yes we support this funtionality, we show all versions of the files.

Are your backups completed with Granular Recovery option enabled? This feature works when you have this option enabled for backup jobs. You can enable this from Backup options -> Adbanced -> Enable Granular Recovery option

Let us know if you still have issues with this, we can help.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy