What causes failed files/folders in Commcell?

Last post 12-22-2014, 11:51 AM by jairam s. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • What causes failed files/folders in Commcell?
    Posted: 12-09-2014, 8:50 AM

Trying to learn more about the backup process and from my research I see that if Commcell doesn't backup files/folders on one day, it comes back and backs them up the next day.

My question is why are their failed files and folders?

thanks

• Re: What causes failed files/folders in Commcell?
    Posted: 12-09-2014, 3:01 PM

There could be several reasons.  I would recommend checking out the troubleshooting documentation link below.  

http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v10/article?p=products/windows/backup_troubleshooting.htm

You can also check the backup history of a subclient or Client & that will tell you if you had failed files and you can find out exactly why those files failed to backup.  If you wish to view the backup history for all the sub clients simply expand to the iDA level (i.e. File System). Right click on the sub client then click on 'View > Backup History > OK'. -Now you can right click on any job and then click on 'View Failed Items' if the job had any failed items

JW

• Re: What causes failed files/folders in Commcell?
    Posted: 12-22-2014, 11:51 AM

While the Backup job is in running state, if an user is working on a particular file (open file) this file may not be backed up and this would be listed as failed file. Also there might be a case when after scan phase the files may not be available for backup then they would also be listed in the failed files list.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy