We have primary site for disk backups, and a secondary site for DR. We want to backup to USB or another site so we can take it off-line for security reasons. What's the best way to achieve this?
Total DAta: 7TB
2 12 TB USB/NAS drives directly attached to the media agent
1. Perform a full on USB 1 and USB 2.
2. Every odd month, plug in array 1 and sync it up to the backup.
2. Every even month, plug in array 2 and sync it up to the backup.
Question, after the initial full, will I be able to do an AUX/DASH copy to the USB drive? I don't want it to take 36 hours on USB2 speeds for each monthly offline copy.
Use a third site/SAn to host a third copy and perform weekly or monthly Aux/DAsh copies. The idea is to take it off-line, so we may need to create 2 disk libraries in this remote location.
1. perform a full to library 1 (let's assume this is 5*4 TB hard drives in the SAN). Remove disks
2. Perform a full to library 2 (Same as above)
Each month (or set time), physically remove one set of disks and put them aside, while the backups happen on the other set. Prior to removal confirm data is on the disks?
Question, would it cause problems to plug those disks in and will I be able to do an AUx/DASh copy and it'll only copy changed blocks to the library? Be it library 1 or 2?