[V10] CVmailboxrecall dll failure during recall

Last post 01-19-2015, 9:26 AM by Jazs. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • [V10] CVmailboxrecall dll failure during recall
    Posted: 01-15-2015, 6:27 AM

In a v10 environment, when attempting to use cvmailboxrecall, the process seem to crash at the exact moment the actual recall should start.

When it is done listing the complete stub overview, the process stops with an O/S window popping up stating that MBrecall Dynamic Link Library has stopped working. MBrecall.dll is present in the base map. This environment used to be v9 but has been upgraded, including this client and all agents.

Onepass archiving is not enabled, the original mailbox archiver agent (deprecated in v10) still exists and the actual recalls through the outlookaddin is still functioning as is the archiving.

I am not sure how to troubleshoot this, I already tried a repair from the GUI but it did not help. Also it does not matter which mailbox I try to recall with cvmailboxrecall. I reviewed the cvd, evmgrc and cvmailboxrecall / failure logs from the client but they do not show issues.

I am pretty sure I use the proper syntax as when I define it wrongly, I get the expected errors.

• Re: [V10] CVmailboxrecall dll failure during recall
    Posted: 01-16-2015, 11:21 AM

Hello,

You may want to try the two registry keys below to see if that helps.

Configuring the Recall Service Manually

To set the recall service on all the mailboxes enable nUseRecallService additional setting. In a cluster setup ensure the following

• The additional setting is configured on all the physical nodes.
    • Exchange server details are specified in the agent properties for the agent on all the physical nodes.
    1. From the CommCell Console, expand Client Computers.
    2. Right-click the appropriate client, and then click Properties.

The Client Computers Properties dialog box appears.

3. Click Advanced.

The Advanced Client Properties dialog box appears.

4. Click the Additional Settings tab.
    5. Click Add.

The Add Additional Settings dialog box appears.

6. In the Name box, type nUseRecallService.
    7. In the Value field, enter 1 to set the recall service on all the mailboxes.
    8. Click OK.
    9. Click OK.
    10. Click OK.
    11. Restart the services on the client computer.

By default the recall service is configured at client properties level. In order for this URL to be honored, you must set nRecallURL additional setting without any value. However, if you want to specify some other recall URL, you can specify the required URL as the setting value as follows:

1. From the CommCell Console, expand Client Computers.
    2. Right-click the appropriate client, and then click Properties.

The Client Computers Properties dialog box appears.

3. Click Advanced.

The Advanced Client Properties dialog box appears.

4. Click the Additional Settings tab.
    5. Click Add.

The Add Additional Settings dialog box appears.

6. In the Name box, type nRecallURL.
    7. In the Value box, enter the required URL to set the recall service on all the mailboxes.

For example, http://webconsole.web.com

8. Click OK.
    9. Click OK.
    10. Click OK.
    11. Restart the services on the client computer.
    http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v10/article?p=products/dm_ex/config_adv.htm
    JW
    Posted: 01-19-2015, 9:22 AM

Hello Jweir,

I notced that both the nrecallurl and nuserecallservice were enabled during the initial testing. nrecallurl had no value.

I disabled both regkeys, recycled the services but the same thing happens the moment it is starting the actual recall. Trying to test with a valid value for the nrecallurl currently.

Posted: 01-19-2015, 9:26 AM

Thought it may be a good idea to include the error screen in an upload.

When looking at the loaded modules from msinfo32, I noticed I could not find a MBRecall.dll (or any recall reference for that matter) listed. Is this supposed to be the case?

Attachment: CVRecallerror.png
The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy