Exchange Archiving by MB quota question

Last post 01-19-2015, 4:24 PM by elmolincoln. 0 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Exchange Archiving by MB quota question
    Posted: 01-19-2015, 4:24 PM

I am trying to have two policies for archiving exchange mailboxes.  My situation is this.  I have a subclient that archives based on age of email (3 yrs).  I would like a subclient that would also archive based on mailbox size, if they are at or near thier quota.

My problem is this, we had it set with message age and quota but the quota rules prevented the age rule from archiving any email.  We removed the quota rule and the age rules work fantastic

My question is this:  How do I define a subclient with quota rules only OR how do I tweak the days to where the quota rules will actaully archive emails?  Our age limts are 1095 days.  It seems I may have to tweak them down to 365 or less to work on the quota rule only.  Is that correct?

I am a Commvault newbie (we've been running it just shy of 5 months now)

Thanks for any help in advance.

Doug

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy