Unable to recall PDF stub file

Last post 01-19-2015, 5:56 PM by StayingTechie. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Unable to recall PDF stub file
    Posted: 12-30-2014, 8:25 PM

Dear All,

Currently I have running one demo for my client. This demo purpose is to show them how the Commvault Archiving solution can meet their requirement.

Currently the setup already being done and archiving job also running well. Only we have issue with stub file for PDF. After we archive the PDF file, it will turn as stub file. But when we double click on it (to recall the file)  , the file does not recall normally as other type of file. This happen to PDF. The PDF application was open but it hang and become not responding. We try to search on online solution and based on the solution it ask to turn off the protected mode in PDF. We have done that but the issue still remain the same. When I checked on the log, I saw some of the function show an error when it try to recall and create the file. But I'm not really understand how to troubleshoot this issue. Perhaps maybe you can guide or advise me on this matter.

Attach is the log with error mentioning.

Attachment: log2.txt
  • Re: Unable to recall PDF stub file
    Posted: 01-02-2015, 2:06 PM
    • Aplynx is not online. Last active: 07-17-2019, 2:54 PM Liam
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-04-2010
    • New Jersey
    • Master
    • Points 1,642

What Anti Virus and version is being run?

• Re: Unable to recall PDF stub file
    Posted: 01-19-2015, 5:56 PM

Chances are this is Antivrus related. 

The error you are receving in the log is windows error 32

3252  39bc  12/23 10:48:18 5140 OpenReparseFileForRestore(799): -Error-: Gxhsm_CreateFileT(D:\test_data09\temp\InstallServer.pdf) failed with Err 32
    3252  39bc  12/23 10:48:18 5140 DMRBufferHandlerFSDM::OnBufferPlFsHdr(1093): -Error-: failed to open file: D:\test_data09\temp\InstallServer.pdf;EN=0

This error translates to " The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process."

You can check the White Papers made available the Books On Line Documatation pages. 
    1)  http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v10/article

2) Select Archiving 

3) Expand File Archiver - > Expand Windows -> Expand White Papers

4) Selec the Antivirus Product installed and configure it according to the white paper

This should correct it for you.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy