Impersonation & Interactive

Last post 09-24-2015, 9:17 AM by isle. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Impersonation & Interactive
    Posted: 01-20-2015, 1:16 PM

I have a quick workflow that does a couple of CommServeDB Queries which populate information in a PopupInput. When I run the workflow it works great, but if the users I am building it for use it they get a note that they need to have Administrative Management capabilities for the CommServe.

I tried to do an ImpersonateCreator before the queries, but it seems to drop the user out of the Interactive Session, so they don't get the PopupInput displayed. This is the first time I have worked with the Impersonate functions, so I am wondering what I am missing or if this isn't possible.

Notes:

Simpana 10 SP 9
    Users accessing the Workflow via Webconsole/Forms 

-J. Mills
    Systems Engineer (Storage & Backup)
    CommVault Certified Master

• Re: Impersonation & Interactive
    Posted: 05-05-2015, 5:08 PM

Hey jmills, I just tested this on my setup and was not able to re-produce the issue.  I had an impersonateCreator activity following by a popup input activity and the popup properly displayed the GUI.  Is is possible for you to upload a sample workflow that demonstrates the issue here and I can check it?

Thanks,
    Chris

• Re: Impersonation & Interactive
    Posted: 09-24-2015, 9:17 AM
    • isle is not online. Last active: 06-04-2019, 3:28 PM isle
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-21-2012
    • NJ
    • Adept
    • Points 308

You made the impersonation value true correct?

http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v10/article?p=features/workflow/configure_workflow_properties.htm

Setting General Properties

1. From the Workflow window, go to the Workflow Properties pane.

2. On the General tab, in the Value column for the Name property, type the Workflow name.
    3. In the Value column for the Description property, type the purpose of the Workflow.
    4. If the Workflow requires user input during execution, in the Value column, set the Start Interactive Session property to True.
The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy