Issue recalling stubs from Outlook

Last post 02-26-2015, 9:48 AM by Mat F.. 9 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Issue recalling stubs from Outlook
    Posted: 01-22-2015, 2:27 PM

Hello guys,

We are unable to recalls tubs from Outlook using the Outlook add-in. Does anyone have any troubleshooting ideas. Here is our setup:

Simpana 10 SP9

DAG consisting of 7 Exchange 2010 servers

Backup / Archiving and restoring of messages works perfectly fine from the CommCell console using the Exchange Mailbox iData Agent (OnePass)

Test computers have Outlook 2013 32-bits with the 32-bits Outlook add-in

We see the archived messages fine with the attachments, but when clicking on an attachment or on the "Download original message" link, it loads for a couple minutes then ends up with "Download failed"

• Re: Issue recalling stubs from Outlook
    Posted: 01-22-2015, 3:10 PM

Hi Mat F.,

Can you reach the webserver from the client? You can set te recall service in the properties of the mailbox client. 

Posted: 01-22-2015, 3:26 PM

jkesi@CAM:

Hi Mat F.,

Can you reach the webserver from the client? You can set te recall service in the properties of the mailbox client. 

Hi there, thanks for your reply,

I can reach the webconsole fine at http://proxyserver:8604/webconsole

I am not sure which URL I have to input in the recall service field? same as the webconsole? just the hostname? another URL?

Posted: 01-22-2015, 4:23 PM

Hi,

We use this setting from the client that has the mailbox agent. We use 2 webservers with 2 webconsoles which we loadbalance true a Citrix NetScaler. 

Kind regards,

Jeroen Kesimaat

Posted: 01-22-2015, 4:34 PM

Thanks for the info, our configuration is similar.

Do you have any other package installed on the webserver?

Posted: 01-22-2015, 4:40 PM

Yes, we use the servers where the mailbox agent is installed.

Posted: 01-22-2015, 4:53 PM

OK, just like us, except we have a single server.

I will continue my research...

at least when I try recalls I am seeing the request reach the CommServe in the EvMgrC log, but it fails for some reason.

Posted: 01-22-2015, 5:15 PM

Not 100% sure, i thought you must run a backup after modifying the recall settings. Maybe someone can confirm.

Posted: 02-26-2015, 8:37 AM

Hy Mat,

Can you upload a copy of your EvMgrC log ?

I'm Certifiable, not only certified.
    It just means my answers are from experience, not from a book.
    Posted: 02-26-2015, 9:48 AM

Hello Vali,

I totally forgot to update this.

We ended up moving the web console / web service to a new dedicated server (previously it was a media agent / exchange client machine that had these components installed) and as soon as we installed Outlook 64-bits on the new server and we changed the Recall service URL, recalls were working.

Thanks still!

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy