File Input

Last post 02-03-2015, 1:14 PM by jmills. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • File Input
    Posted: 02-03-2015, 12:32 PM

Is there a way to refence text in a file that has been selected in the file input? I am looking for an easy way for users to supply a list of client names and coordinating instance names for a Workflow that I am creating to setup Oracle RAC instances.

My thought was to have them create a text file with contents like

host1.domain.com,dbinstance1
    host2.domain.com.dbinstance2
    host3.domain.com,dbinstance3

and then have that file selected during the workflow and turned into a list. Or am I overcomplicating things and should just have them paste that text into an input field 

-J. Mills
    Systems Engineer (Storage & Backup)
    CommVault Certified Master

• Re: File Input
    Posted: 02-03-2015, 12:43 PM

Use Multiline as the control type and let the user put the data in there. This way someone can just type it in if there is only one or 2 instances to be created instead of always creating a file first.

• Re: File Input
    Posted: 02-03-2015, 1:14 PM

Yeah I finally found some documentation on the file input and it looks like it's primary use is to attach a file to a generated email. 

Thanks

-J. Mills
    Systems Engineer (Storage & Backup)
    CommVault Certified Master

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy