CVMOUNTD.exe memory problem.

Last post 10-22-2010, 11:19 AM by JWeir. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • CVMOUNTD.exe memory problem.
    Posted: 10-22-2010, 5:13 AM

I am running Simpana 8 SP5 with a single yet powerful server (2x 4 Core CPU's with 16GB Ram running 2008 R2) acting commcell, SQL Server and Media Server.  The problem I am experiencing is the network throughput over a number of hours drops from 70-80% of a 1 GB link to 4-5%.  I can improve this by continuously restarting the media service.  The throughput then resumes. 

I am initially storing my backups on a Datadomain appliance.  Though I have tested and eliminated this as a bottleneck.

The CVMOUNTD.exe process starts at 10mb usage and quickly rises to 50MB before continuing onto over 1GB.  Is this normal for this process to consume this much memory? 

Is it possible I could simply uninstall the mediaagent then reinstall it.  Would this cause any issues and would I need to reconfigure anything?

Regards

Alex

Attachment: cvmountd.JPG
  • Re: CVMOUNTD.exe memory problem.
    Posted: 10-22-2010, 11:19 AM

Alex,

Please make sure SP5 is applied on both the CommServe and this MediaAgent.  I would also recommend checking your AV software to ensure the CommVault and Index Cache directories are filtered out.  If your AV software is scanning these directories, it could be causing the issue.  There was another customer who enabled the option for LAN concurrent backups on the MediaAgent properties in the GUI and that seemed to clear the issue up.

JW

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy