Delete previous versions Simpana10 SP8

Last post 03-03-2015, 3:12 AM by cho1. 7 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Delete previous versions Simpana10 SP8
    Posted: 02-09-2015, 5:26 AM

Hello,

We have file archiving installed. The archive library is Full. 2TB, however when we look at our CLA there is only 400 gig used for archiving. The retention time is Infinit on the disklib and also on tape. How can I cleanup the disklibrary by removing previous versions.

Regards

Cees

• Re: Delete previous versions Simpana10 SP8
    Posted: 02-26-2015, 8:32 AM

Hello,

Go under the Propries of the subclient, Retention tab, select how many versions you want to keep or disable versions and run data aging. It should clear all the old versions of the file.

Vali

I'm Certifiable, not only certified.
    It just means my answers are from experience, not from a book.
    Posted: 02-26-2015, 8:57 AM
    • Ali is not online. Last active: 02-22-2019, 10:44 AM Ali
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-05-2010

Hi Cees,

It could be data has not met retention, and other policies may be writing to this device, or some backlog in the overall Data Aging process.

If you right click the library and go to Associations tab, how many copies do you see there?  Anything other than the Archiving copy?

Also is the Archiving copy deduped, and if not do you have disk management enabled?

Posted: 02-27-2015, 3:48 AM

Hi Vali,

In the retention tab 1 version was selected.

Now I cleared the tab and I wil see what happens.

Regards

Cees

Posted: 02-27-2015, 3:56 AM

Hi Ali,

there is only one copy on this library. There is no dedup on the archiving.

The disklibrary is on a Nettap.

And as I mentioned in the first place the retention is infinit.

Regards

Cees

Posted: 02-27-2015, 3:57 AM

Don't foget to run data aging after.

I'm Certifiable, not only certified.
    It just means my answers are from experience, not from a book.
    Posted: 03-02-2015, 6:01 PM
    • Ali is not online. Last active: 02-22-2019, 10:44 AM Ali
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-05-2010

Hi Cees,

Something doesn't seem right, unless you Dedupe ratio is really off and you're App size of data (before dedupe and compression) is 400GB yet footprint on disk is in the TBs.  Would suggest to log an incident and have your setup reviewing, unless Data Aging itself is backlogged, which again I highly doubt as you mentioned the Infinite retention.

Posted: 03-03-2015, 3:12 AM

Hi Ali,

Thanks for the help.

I will log an incident.

Regards

Cees

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy