Live Sync Replication

Last post 03-27-2015, 3:43 PM by frank_grimes. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Live Sync Replication
    Posted: 02-24-2015, 3:27 PM

Has anyone tested out Live Sync Replication? It's still in early access, but I'm considering using this for our test/dev environment.

http://documentation.commvault.com/hds/v10/article?p=products/vs_vmware/vsa_replication.htm

• Re: Live Sync Replication
    Posted: 02-24-2015, 10:36 PM

Hi Frank

Yes there are few customers already deployed and using this feature and we are continuosly enhancing based on thier feedback and investing lot of resources and efforts in to this feature.

Let me know if you need support from engineering to deploy this, i will be more than happy to assist you with that.

-Anand

Posted: 02-25-2015, 6:55 AM
    Are there any whitepapers or additional documentation aside from what is on books online?
    Posted: 03-27-2015, 11:14 AM

What type of additional information would you be looking for on this feature?

We can look to expand on the section below.

Live Sync Replication of Virtual Machines :

http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v10/article?p=products/vs_vmware/vsa_replication.htm

Posted: 03-27-2015, 3:43 PM

The supplied documentation is great for setting it up. I would love to see a whitepaper that discusses how to build this into an disaster recovery plan. For being such a great feature it seems like it was slipped into SP9 without much njotice to the public. IMHO, this could be a great alternative to more expensive solutions such as VMware's SRM.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy