Download large PSTs from within Compliance Search?

Last post 03-04-2015, 9:02 AM by shawn.m.harrington. 7 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Download large PSTs from within Compliance Search?
    Posted: 03-01-2015, 4:11 PM

Is it possible to download large Export Sets (approx. 20 GB) from within Compliance Search? Whenever I try anything beyond 4 GB, I get an immediate "Large File Download" window saying "File is too large to be able to download. Please contact Administrator with following information." Then it gives the IP address of the web server and the file path.

It's going to make my current project quite painful, if 4 GB is the true, nothing-to-be-done-about-it limit.

I'm using IE 9, and I had MS looking at IIS on the server. They told me that IIS has no download limit, nor is there any such setting within our infrastructure.

CV Support hasn't been able to answer this question.

• Re: Download large PSTs from within Compliance Search?
    Posted: 03-02-2015, 10:36 AM

Hello Shawn,

Typically the issue you are currently experiencing is caused by the browser. However there are some additional configurations that may cause this issue.  Can you advise what outlook version is currently installed on the Webserver? Also is it 32bit or 64bit?

Can you also advise of the behavior seen? Does it process about 4 GB and then fail or does it fail immediately?

Thank you

Don

Posted: 03-02-2015, 11:04 AM

Donsambucci:

Hello Shawn,

Typically the issue you are currently experiencing is caused by the browser. However there are some additional configurations that may cause this issue.  Can you advise what outlook version is currently installed on the Webserver? Also is it 32bit or 64bit?

Can you also advise of the behavior seen? Does it process about 4 GB and then fail or does it fail immediately?

Thank you

Don

Thank you for your reply. The download doesn't even begin; I get that window immediately when clicking on the "Download" link.

I've tried Chrome, IE 9, and Firefox, and the behavior is exactly the same in all cases.

Outlook 2013 is installed. I don't know how to tell if it's 32bt or 64bit, sorry.

Posted: 03-02-2015, 11:39 AM

Hi Shawn,

Thank you for the quick response, are you able to download files larger than 4 GB?  Or is it anything above 4 GB prompts you with an error immediately ?

Thank you,
    Don

Posted: 03-02-2015, 11:59 AM

Anything above 4GB fails immediately.

Posted: 03-02-2015, 1:19 PM

Thank you Shawn for the reply.  I believe I have found the root cause of the issue and I am working with the engineers and our development team.  As soon as we have confirmation we will update your incident as well as this is thread. We will advise of the possible next steps as well as some insight as to why downloads of PST files larger than 4gb are displaying the prompt to obtian the file locally on the webserver.

Posted: 03-04-2015, 8:51 AM

Hello Shawn, 

As we found out, the issue of not being able to download files larger than 4GB was by design in V10.  This allows the ability to support various versions of IE which did have a size limit of what could be downloaded, as per MSFT KB 982577.  As you know our development team was able to increased the size limit however the download of the large file through the browser was very slow. 

The logic built in to the software to notify of the location of the PST when the file is to large is to provide access to the file without having to wait for the file to be downloaded.

Thank you

Don

Posted: 03-04-2015, 9:02 AM

My sincere thanks to all involved for working on this.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy