Break the Forum Out By Major Product Version?

Last post 10-27-2010, 9:56 AM by msho@tjc.edu. 6 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Break the Forum Out By Major Product Version?
    Posted: 10-27-2010, 9:35 AM

I'm sure you had this discussion before setting up the Bb.  Why aren't there specific sections for each version 6-9?

• Re: Break the Forum Out By Major Product Version?
    Posted: 10-27-2010, 9:38 AM

I would guess because the CTE doesnt change much from version to version, so many of the suggestions are applicable to all versions, and the deviations occur on the client or feature level. 

Posted: 10-27-2010, 9:42 AM

I guess I was thinking more along the lines of specific feature sets that go along with each version and the unique problems that apply. 

Incidently, anyone know where I can get a feature comparison matrix for 8 vs 9?  Thanks in advance!

Posted: 10-27-2010, 9:46 AM

Hello msho,

We had kicked around the idea of versioning by forum and figured they would just die off as users upgrade which would leave us with dead discussion groups.

What we will do is add "tagging" so when you start a thread or when an admin notices a thread is in regard to a specific version it. That way you will see each thread topic with its title and any tags the thread starter applied.

Posted: 10-27-2010, 9:47 AM

Great idea.  Thank you!

Posted: 10-27-2010, 9:49 AM

To your other question about new features here is the list for v9.0. I believe there are (212) new features in total but there may be more!

http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/release_9_0_0/books_online_1/english_us/new_features/new_features1.htm

Posted: 10-27-2010, 9:56 AM

You're going to spoil me responding this quickly!  THANK YOU!

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy