User deleted files

Last post 05-17-2015, 8:41 PM by Aj_OSS. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • User deleted files
    Posted: 04-01-2015, 8:33 AM

Greetings all!

First of all, I appologize if I don't make things clear in my question. I still have a way to go before I understand the OnePass operation completely.

Have a question about when a file/stub is pruned from storage.

Settings:
    Stg policy retention 7/1
    Subclient Retention Archive Deletes 14
    Subclient retention User delets: Immediately

Disk cleanup rule: Creation date older then 1 day :-) 
    After Archive: Stub file

Synthetic full Each 7 days
    Incremental Each day

A user creates a file day1, it gets backed up during incremental.
    Next day another incremental is run.
    Next day user delets the same file. On the same day the Synthetic full is run.

Question is, will the file get pruned off at the time of the first synthetic full or at next time (in 7 days) when next Synthtic full is run?

//Henke

• Re: User deleted files
    Posted: 05-17-2015, 8:41 PM

Hi Henke_H

in my opinion, in that cycle, Synth full will carry that deleted data but not in next cycle.

Hope this is of help

Cheers

Ajay

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy