Commvault/AWS

Last post 05-31-2016, 2:11 PM by Sky. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Commvault/AWS
    Posted: 04-07-2015, 4:04 PM

Good afternoon,

I have been told that Commvault is integrated with Amazon Web Services Cloud to the point that an on premise server backup can be done to an S3 bucket, an EC2 instance can be spun up, and data restored to the instance on AWS.  Does anyone know if this is correct?  If so, is there any documentation for how to accomplish it?

Thanks,

KAT...

• Re: Commvault/AWS
    Posted: 04-08-2015, 1:21 PM

Please let me know if this is what your looking for.

http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v10/article?p=features/cloud_storage/cloud_library_seeding.htm

Regards

SG1

Posted: 05-13-2016, 11:22 AM

Apologies - I realise this is an old thread, but wanted to put this snippet of information here for others.

You can perform a VM-level backup of a VMware-based or Hyper-V based (Gen1) VM, and then convert & restore into an Amazon EC2 instance.

Snippet from BOL below:

You can use backups of virtual machines to create new virtual machines in Amazon.

For detailed requirements and steps, see the following topics:

Restoring VM's into Microsoft Azure is also supported - for more details, please see the BOL link below:

http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=products/vs_azure/c_azure_vm_conversion.htm

Cheers,
    Luke
    (@cv_skywalker)
    Posted: 05-31-2016, 1:54 PM

What about the other way ? Backup EC2 with the VSA offering I see mentioned in v11 sp3 , and restore it back into standard vmware. 

thansk, 

Posted: 05-31-2016, 2:11 PM

snowcamel:

What about the other way ? Backup EC2 with the VSA offering I see mentioned in v11 sp3 , and restore it back into standard vmware. 

Taking a backup of a EC2 instance with the VSA for AWS, then restoring to other hypervisors will be coming in a future service pack - stay tuned :)

Cheers,
    Luke
    (@cv_skywalker)
The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy