CV10 Aux Copy Reassembly error, protocol TCP

Last post 04-14-2015, 3:22 PM by sluggomagoo. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • CV10 Aux Copy Reassembly error, protocol TCP
    Posted: 04-11-2015, 9:56 AM

During aux copy operations I took a network trace on several media servers that are virtual machines.

I see the following error only on the Aux Copy traffic.
    [Reassembly error, protocol TCP: New fragment overlaps old data (retransmission?)] 

I'm not seeing any retransmissions.

We also have a few physical servers. I don't see this during the network trace.

@thefunfactory.com
  • Re: CV10 Aux Copy Reassembly error, protocol TCP
    Posted: 04-14-2015, 3:11 PM

Is this causing any problems or just something that you noticed? I do not have any definative info or answer for you but a search on this errors shows mostly VM related issues when this error comes up i did not see many instances of this on non VM servers.

It may or may not be a problem, could just be timing of ACK between the devices.

Any further info youcan providce on problems or issues this seems to be causing or is relaetd to may help to answer this.

• Re: CV10 Aux Copy Reassembly error, protocol TCP
    Posted: 04-14-2015, 3:22 PM

All of the media server VM's were built using the NIC driver vmxnet3n61x64.sys and the speed and duplex were set to auto. I recently looked at task manger the speed came up at 10gb. The host is 1 gig. I forced the NIC to use 1000/full and took another network trace and the problem went away.

@thefunfactory.com
The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy