Web search server SQL database maintenance

Last post 05-14-2015, 12:38 PM by Washoe. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Web search server SQL database maintenance
    Posted: 05-11-2015, 6:37 PM

Is there any regular maintenance that should be performed on the web search server's sql database? Our database was up to 86GB this morning and filled up the local server's hard drive.  I deleted Review and Export Sets and then used MS SQL Server Management to shrink the database.  That reduced the db to 52GB which still seems large.  Currently there is one Review and one Export Set that are still in use and can't be deleted.  There aren't any Legal Holds or Query Sets.

We are running CommVault v9.0 R2 SP14 with Additional Updates: 46635, 46748, 46767, 46768.

• Re: Web search server SQL database maintenance
    Posted: 05-13-2015, 11:42 AM
    • Ali is not online. Last active: 06-26-2019, 2:03 PM Ali
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-05-2010

Hi Washoe, hope you are well.

Are there any other Simpana packages installed on the Webserver, what exactly is visible from Add/Remove Features?

Posted: 05-13-2015, 2:14 PM

Hi Ali,

Thanks for your help.  The web search server is only used for the compliance search.  Installed software is DM2 Web services DB, Web Search client, Web Search server.  There is also the Base Client, SQL Server iDataAgent, and Windows File System iDataAgent for backup.

Posted: 05-14-2015, 8:42 AM

Hi Washoe,

Are you backing up the DM2 DB using the SQL IDA? Would recommend that the database recovery model is set to Simple

Thank you,
    Don

Posted: 05-14-2015, 12:38 PM

Hi Don,

I verified the sql database recovery model is already set as Simple.  Our SQL DB Admin, some time ago, set up a maintenance plan to shrink the DM2_log.ldf. I verified the maintenance plan is successful as the log file is 1M right now.  DM2.mdf is 61GB.  I double checked Compliance Search and there is one Review Set of 99 items and one Export Set at 47MB.  I appreciate your help Don.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy