Client Job history

Last post 07-20-2015, 4:31 AM by Dannie4. 6 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Client Job history
    Posted: 06-29-2015, 4:12 PM

I'm trying to find a way to get the job id's for jobs run during a date/time range on a particular client.  I've tried using the Qcommand jobhistory, but can only manage to get one job id each time I run the workflow as the output.  Is there something I need to do to get a list of all the job id's to be listed?  Thanks in advance.

-Adam

• Re: Client Job history
    Posted: 06-30-2015, 4:47 PM

you can also right click(subclient) on the client -> Backup history

Posted: 07-02-2015, 4:31 PM
    • Ali is not online. Last active: 07-03-2019, 12:32 PM Ali
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-05-2010

Hi Adam, could you clarify the use case and the end goal?

Do you mean a job in a Running state or jobs that have already Completed for a given time range?

Posted: 07-06-2015, 11:47 AM

I'm looking to be able to identify the jobs in the range and then be able to query the database and find what media is associated with the jobs in question.  Thanks for your help.

Posted: 07-16-2015, 7:40 PM

Hey Adam,

I think this could be done.  Assuming you can get the JobID and the Media (I only know how to do this with physical media using barcodes).  See http://documentation.commvault.com/hds/v10/article?p=features/cli/qscripts/CommServ.QS_ListMediaContents.Readme.html on pulling the JobID from a specific tape.

The sql code below will provide the jobs for a specific client between a specific date range.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    use CommServ
    go
    declare @cname varchar(50)
    declare @start datetime
    declare @end datetime
    set @cname = 'client01' --Enter the client name
    set @start = '06-01-2015' --Enter the start date
    set @end = (select GETDATE()) --Default to current date, or manually set end date

select *
    FROM [CommServ].[dbo].[CommCellBackupInfo]
    where clientname like @cname
    and startdate > @start
    and enddate < @end
    order by startdate
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I dont know off the top of my head how to get the media barcode for a specific client.  This would need some work.  But, im sure it could be done.
    Posted: 07-17-2015, 2:54 AM
    • Ali is not online. Last active: 07-03-2019, 12:32 PM Ali
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-05-2010

The Job Summary Report, can also be used, pick your clients/subclients etc, then the time range, and on the Selection tab, choose the Associated Media option, media list should be on the final column on the report per job ID.

Posted: 07-20-2015, 4:31 AM

As this topic is in the "Workflow" section, I'm assuming the TS means something which is to be run from the workflow engine, and not a specific GUI action or report.

You may be interested in the "CommCellBackupInfo" database view, which you can use from a CommServeDBQuery activity:

http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v10/article?p=features/commcell_explorer/advanced.htm#GalaxyBackupInfo_View

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy