Auxcopy to site 2 - Primary copy or not

Last post 07-07-2015, 2:32 AM by jvj@ikano.dk. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Auxcopy to site 2 - Primary copy or not
    Posted: 07-01-2015, 3:55 AM

Hi

What is the diference between mark primary copy or not?

When primary are selected - is it then the live copy og the backup?
    I would like to get a faster copy time.

Thanks in advance

/Jonas

Br
    Jonas Vang Jørgensen
  • Re: Auxcopy to site 2 - Primary copy or not
    Posted: 07-02-2015, 4:30 PM
    • Ali is not online. Last active: 07-03-2019, 12:32 PM Ali
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-05-2010

Hi Jonas,

If you check this box, it will become your Primary copy, and all data will now write to the data path and library configured for this copy only, so if this is pointing to a DR location, it would not be a good idea to promote, unless you are intending for it.

May I ask what the situation is around you wanting "faster copy time", do you mean you want your aux copy to run at the same time instead of waiting for the primary to complete (in-line aux copy)?

Posted: 07-03-2015, 2:25 AM

Hi

Ahh, okay
    I was just curious how i could fine tune the setup.
    We are running backups in night and aux in day, so no need for in-line copy.

Thanks

/Jonas

Br
    Jonas Vang Jørgensen
    Posted: 07-07-2015, 12:40 AM

Hi Jonas,

What is the end goal you are trying to achieve?

Could you also describe your current setup?

Thank you

Posted: 07-07-2015, 2:32 AM

I got answer on my question further up.

Thanks

Br
    Jonas Vang Jørgensen
The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy