Data Domain and Commvault Aux copy

Last post 07-09-2015, 10:02 AM by Mike M.. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Data Domain and Commvault Aux copy
    Posted: 07-07-2015, 2:44 PM

I have two Data Domain DD2500s. One in Production and one in DR. I am using a combination of Data Domain VTL and NAS share for daily backups. All data is being replicated using Data Domain's replication to DR site where we have the physical tape library for long term storage. (No physical tape library in production site). I need to configure the Aux copy job to dump the data from the DR Data Domain appliance to physical tape library. I am fine with doing this setup for NAS shares by creating shared magnetic libraries.

1. Is it possible to configure Aux copy to take the VTL replicated data from DR Data Domain appliance and dump it to physical tape?

2. If so, can someone provide me instructions on how to go about it and preferably automate this process?

Thanks!

Edward

• Re: Data Domain and Commvault Aux copy
    Posted: 07-09-2015, 10:02 AM

i did this using directory replication on the data domains we have to auxilary tape. your mileage will vary with vtl.  

Storage/ Library and Drive/ select your production media agents and dr media agents and add those. Click ok then under shared disk device expand your production data domain paths and add primary sharing folders to your DR data domain paths where the data is being replicated too using your DR media agents. When auxilary runs using the dr media agent it will look to its local path for the data if repication is up to date.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy