Consolidate tapes in one tape.

Last post 01-21-2016, 7:44 AM by SG1. 6 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Consolidate tapes in one tape.
    Posted: 01-20-2016, 8:21 AM

my recent backup uses a lot tapes and the content is very small and some not up to 500GB. It is waste. May i know anyway to consolidate the data into one tape?

• Re: Consolidate tapes in one tape.
    Posted: 01-20-2016, 8:27 AM

Good Day,

Please see if this helps your situation. http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v10/article?p=features/refresh_media/refresh_media.htm

Best Regards

SG1

Posted: 01-20-2016, 9:34 AM

the "pick for referesh" is disabled or grey out. I can not select "pick for refresh".

Posted: 01-20-2016, 1:58 PM

Have you enabled the option from the Storage Policy level Properties?

Are the media needing to be refreshed marked as Full?

Regards

SG1

Posted: 01-20-2016, 3:57 PM

Can share with me step by step how to do it?

Using media refresh, it won't cause any data loss right? All data will be copied to one tape right?

Posted: 01-21-2016, 2:16 AM

Hi, thanks I able to run media refresh after mark tape as full. But still the same data copy to different tapes and not consolidate to one tape. Why ?

Posted: 01-21-2016, 7:44 AM

Are you setting your stream for the refresh to 1?

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy