What is going on with my Aux Copies? Data Copied 4x to 83x what is needed.

Last post 02-19-2016, 8:35 AM by TenTimes10X. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • What is going on with my Aux Copies? Data Copied 4x to 83x what is needed.
    Posted: 02-17-2016, 9:42 AM

My jobs eventually finish, but what am I seeing here?  Total Data to Copy is double digit GB, Data copied is triple digit GB.

This is going from our primary MA to our secondary using DASH.  All MAs have their own single DDB.  Copies are set to Disk Optimized.

• Re: What is going on with my Aux Copies? Data Copied 4x to 83x what is needed.
    Posted: 02-19-2016, 8:35 AM

Hi,

I take it you are on v10?

What might be happening here is that while the aux copy was running, new jobs that were eligible for aux copy got added. You probably have seen that the aux copy progress stays at 100% but does not finish.

The figures given in colomn "total data to copy" was the initial size of the data for aux copy, "Data Copied" gives the amount of data processed and "Data transferred" is the amount of unique data send to the other MA and is based on the data copied. Data transferred is much lower than Data copied due to the DASH funtionality.

If you don't want this to happen you can turn off this behaviour by setting registry key AUXCOPY_NOT_PICK_NEW_BACKUPS on the CommServe.

http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v10/article?p=features/auxiliary_copy/aux_copy_adv.htm#Preventing_an_Ongoing_Backup_Data_from_Being_Copied

Kind regards,

Paul

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy