Looking to use commvault to create snaps and replicate to another location

Last post 02-27-2016, 6:10 PM by nvml. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Looking to use commvault to create snaps and replicate to another location
    Posted: 02-22-2016, 4:03 PM

Hello,

I am looking at the documentation and I dont see how to setup snap creation without using the snaps to backup the VM. I am trying to find a way that I can create the snaps for replicating them to another location but all I see is creating snaps for backups.. Can someone please help?

• Re: Looking to use commvault to create snaps and replicate to another location
    Posted: 02-22-2016, 10:50 PM

Hi,

Can you please provide more details about the following

- which storage array involved here

- which agents - is it VMware / HyperV or any other one?

- how LUNs are provisioned for your production host?

Thanks - Vimal

n.v.m.l
  • Re: Looking to use commvault to create snaps and replicate to another location
    Posted: 02-23-2016, 9:51 AM

Storage is 3Par

VMware

By Fiber Channel

Posted: 02-27-2016, 6:10 PM

Hi,

Currently the support for HP 3PAR Snap Replication is not available - its planned for future service packs of CommVault V11. 

CommVault V10 has support for NetApp Replication and V11 has support for EMC VMAX and HDS snap replication.

Thanks - Vimal

n.v.m.l
The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy