Unix CVault & Log_Files/Locks location

Last post 02-25-2016, 10:28 AM by Jazs. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Unix CVault & Log_Files/Locks location
    Posted: 02-22-2016, 5:42 AM

Goodmorning,

Not sure if this is the right place, but I ran into something that peeked my curiousity.

Certain Oracle clients, but not the majority, seems to have an additional subfolder under /var/log/simpana/log_files named locks. /var/log/simpana/log_files/locks contain some empty logfiles in addition to the normal logfiles found under /var/log/simpana/log_files.

Does this have a specific function from CommVault's perspective or is it something pointing to some faulty configuration?

And yes, Unix is not really my forte. ;)

• Re: Unix CVault & Log_Files/Locks location
    Posted: 02-24-2016, 1:09 PM

These are expected with instances of oracle multi-stream and multi-databases on the same server wherre jobs can run at the same time. Its meant to provide consistency when multiple process write to the same log file. The lock location is where the cv sw has the mutex for handling the locks.

Regards

SG1

Posted: 02-24-2016, 1:09 PM

These are expected with instances of oracle multi-stream and multi-databases on the same server where jobs can run at the same time. Its meant to provide consistency when multiple process write to the same log file. The lock location is where the cv sw has the mutex for handling the locks.

Regards

SG1

Posted: 02-25-2016, 10:28 AM

Interesting, I'd never have guessed that.

Yes that is certainly the case, and now I understand certain error messages (as they might be triggered by starting a rman script by commandline that may try to backup multiple instances simultanously.)

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy