Seeding

Last post 04-05-2016, 6:56 AM by tallurhi. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Seeding
    Posted: 04-02-2016, 12:56 PM
    Planing to seed the remote site to DC. Remote site has 3 storage policy with dash copy running and not getting completed because of bandwidth. It has 1 global deduplication storage policy. Data center has global deduplication storage policy. During seeding process do I need to create a storage policy copy with deduplication or not. Shall I just create a additional copy storage policy and assign the precedence to 2 and once it completed the backup then I attaché the disk to data center media agent. And start third precedence. Wanted to know your input on my procedure
  • Re: Seeding
    Posted: 04-05-2016, 6:56 AM

in summary you will create a seconday copy which will write to the removable drives ( create a library with the MP pointing to windows drive letter assigned to USB disk for example) .Then create a 3rd copy which will do auxcopy from the second copy.

Once th USB drive is available at remote DC ,then share the Mount path to the Media agent in the rmeote DC.

Then enable the UseCache DB setting ( properties on remote media agent and >Additional settings >ADd >Type UsecacheDB =1 

Then enab;e DASH copy on COPY3 and select network optimized copy.Run Aux copy for COPY3 with source as COPY2.

once the Job is done then delete the UseCacheDB key.

Copy the job results from Source MA to the REMOTE MA.Then enable signature cache on the source DC

then change the source from copy3 as COPY1.

delete the second (temporay copy) and you are done.

It is well explained in book online 

http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v10/article?p=features/deduplication/manualseedingprocess.htm

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy