Mass Recall using command line

Last post 05-10-2016, 11:23 AM by AndrewDu. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mass Recall using command line
    Posted: 05-05-2016, 9:10 AM

This is Simpana 10.

I am trying to recover everything archived from an Exchange mailbox, using the CVRecallMailbox command line tool.

I am logged on as a Domain Admin, to the proxy server where the mailbox archiver agent is installed. I have made sure that both my user account, and the service account that runs backups, have Full Access to the user's mailbox.

My input file looks like this:

user@domain.com,"Inbox\Folder Name"

[NB I have tried it without the quotes too]

My command line looks like this:

c:\program Files\CommVault\Simpana\Base>cvrecallmailbox.exe outlook -f c:\input.txt exchangeservername.domainname.com domaincontrollername.domainname.com proxyservername.domainname.com 8402

Every run fails with this error:

Processing Mailbox of username@domainname.com, Directory: Inbox\Folder Name , Recall Destination: In Place Recall
    Error opening mailbox
    Total number of stubs selected for recall: 0, total size: 0
    Did not find restore manager object
    Recall completed ...

The same message is seen in CVRecallMailbox_failure.log and also in CvRecallMailbox.log

Is this a permissions error? (I thought I had covered that..)

Or if not that, what?

• Re: Mass Recall using command line
    Posted: 05-10-2016, 11:23 AM

I have discovered that the mailboxes concerned were archived without stubs, so the command line program is not going to work.

I am back to using the GUI.

I have other difficulties with the GUI but I will mark this thread as answered and raise another one for the other problems.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy