VSA discovery of Azure VM's

Last post 06-17-2016, 1:59 AM by marcelvm. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • VSA discovery of Azure VM's
    Posted: 06-01-2016, 11:02 AM

Hi,

I'm implementing CVLT 11 Sp3 in an environment that runs completely within Azure. We are installing the Commserve, Media Agent all within Azure, nothing outside azure or on premise.
    We write to BLOB cold storage and this also works well. Authentication to BLOB from within the Azure instance works over internet which is a bit weird (probably due to REST API) but still it works..

Customer ideally likes to use the VSA agent to discover his running VM's in this subscription so we added the VSA agent for now to the Media Agent (DS3 instance) and created the certificate as needed. We uploaded the certificate in the azure mgmt portal and used the corect thumbprint to configure it.

Now we try to discover the VM's but it keeps running on discovering and then stops without any results.

Is this an issue as we try to discover it from within a DS3 instance within azure perhaps? I can't find any information on the pre-requirements etc. on this setup so hopefully someone on the forum had this before?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,
    Marcel.

• Re: VSA discovery of Azure VM's
    Posted: 06-16-2016, 6:57 PM

Hey Marcel,

I had the same issue where the discovery runs but nothing happens. However, when I expand the Client groups relative to the VSA, all the Azure instances are visible. Wonder, if you could also see them. 

Cheers,

Kris

• Re: VSA discovery of Azure VM's
    Posted: 06-17-2016, 1:59 AM

Hi Kris,

Yes i noticed it yesterday also.

With the yesterday released SP4 it's now possible to also get these discovered VM's in the VSA subclient. Pre-SP4 there was no way yet to backup discovered VM's in Azure unless they were originally coming from an on premise env. and live synchronized to Azure. Now it works the same way as with other supported Hyper-visors.

Cheers
    Marcel.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy