OnePass files deleted later than specified

Last post 06-15-2016, 10:19 AM by Walter Grande. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • OnePass files deleted later than specified
    Posted: 06-08-2016, 10:52 AM

I have a NAS location (NetApp SVM) that is configured for archiving with the following rules:

File access time older than 30 days

File modified time older than 120 days

0,0,0 for the remaining

After Archiving set to Delete the file.

I can see that the pruning is woking but only after the file is 150 days old.  As a test I set the File access time to 0 but as I expected the outcome was the same. 

Is there something I may be missing in this configuration?  Thank you.

• Re: OnePass files deleted later than specified
    Posted: 06-15-2016, 10:19 AM

I'm not sure if your NetApp is running 7-mode or C-mode or even which file server version. Either way, it is interesting that the software is working on files older than 150 days (when you have the disk cleanup set for 120 days).

There is a feature called Delayed Stubbing which:

By default, the stubbing process is delayed by three Disaster Recovery (DR) backups and two days after data is backed up using a full, incremental, or a synthetic full backup. This ensures that in a disaster recovery scenario you can roll back to a previous CommServe DR version without any data loss. Without delayed stubbing, when you perform a DR restore, recalls might fail for files that were backed up after a DR backup.

On the OnePass job details, are you seeing that files are qualifying for archiving (within the Events)?

Are you performing daily Incremental backups & DR backups?

This may require support to review the OnePass log files & collection files to see why the files aren't being archived.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy