Move onepass archive from Non-NDMP File Server to Windows File server

Last post 07-25-2016, 2:23 PM by Ali. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Move onepass archive from Non-NDMP File Server to Windows File server
    Posted: 07-22-2016, 4:14 AM

Hi,

What is recommended method (fastest) to move archive from Non-NDMP NAS (UNC paths) to Windows Fileserver (local paths with recall driver) ?

I have tried to use out-of place restore of NAS archive to windows server, but the stubs recovered to local windows path are not converted to reparsepoints. The archived files are not recalled on open, instead the stub is opened as a text file.

I have tried to use the gxhsmutility to copy several stubs and the gxhsmutility converted UNC accessed stubs as reparsepoint on local filesystem. The archived files is succesfully recalled in this case.

But the gxhsmutility is not able to copy unarchived files. The utility only copy/move  stubs - if i understand options in documentation.

Commvault v11 SP4.

Regards and thanks

Jiri

• Re: Move onepass archive from Non-NDMP File Server to Windows File server
    Posted: 07-22-2016, 4:35 PM
    • Ali is not online. Last active: 07-03-2019, 12:32 PM Ali
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-05-2010

Hi Jiri,

Have you tried moving them from the GUI?

Posted: 07-25-2016, 2:08 AM

Hi Ali,

I have tried to copy the archive by GUI (Windows Explorer)

If i execute the copy of archive (UNC accessed) on windows computer where  a recall driver is installed, the content of the archive  is recalled during the copy. This is not what i want :-)

If i execute the copy on computer where the recall driver is not installed, the content of the archive is not recalled of course. Stubs and non-archived files are copied. But if i install recall driver later and try to open some stub, then the content is not recalled. Instead i can see content of stub as text file :

Regards

Jiri

Posted: 07-25-2016, 2:23 PM
    • Ali is not online. Last active: 07-03-2019, 12:32 PM Ali
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-05-2010

Hi Jim, may we ask to log an incident with Support, looks like there could have been an issue with the move operation.

Please send over the incident number to me directly via a PM, we can track it.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy