Transitionning from V10 One-Pass Exchange archiving to the new V11 One-Pass archiving

Last post 08-05-2016, 9:02 AM by Mat F.. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Transitionning from V10 One-Pass Exchange archiving to the new V11 One-Pass archiving
    Posted: 08-04-2016, 11:23 AM

Hello guys, is there any documentation on this as of yet?

We were about ready to go into production with V10 One-Pass archiving with stubbing, but seeing there is a new way coming in V11, we might as well wait and implement/test the new solution.

http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=products/exchange_onepass_agent/c_exopa_getting_started.htm

This explains how to set it up, but does not really address the transition from V10 One-Pass to this new method. (Only V10 traditionnal archiver to V11 One-Pass)

Thanks!

• Re: Transitionning from V10 One-Pass Exchange archiving to the new V11 One-Pass archiving
    Posted: 08-04-2016, 1:28 PM

Going to work on getting some information on this for you.  Currently there is not a transition path but I know there are some planned. I will see what I am able to provide!

• Re: Transitionning from V10 One-Pass Exchange archiving to the new V11 One-Pass archiving
    Posted: 08-04-2016, 3:01 PM

I see you are mentioning V10 OnePass Exchange archiving but do not mention a previous archiver. Did you run the Exchange Mailbox Archiver agent previously?

I received a recommendation from our development team to skip utilizing V10 OnePass and instead jump right to the V11 agent (if this is possible).  If you are going this route you can leverage the following email alias to get live feedback from development if you have any issues (or alternatively open tickets with support):  http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=features/misc/early_release_feature.htm  EarlyRelease@commvault.com  

A transition process from OnePass->New Exchange MB agent is being planned for V11 Service Pack 6 tentatively!  The old and new agents can co-exist up to that point though, and anything stubbed by either version is retrievable from the latest Outlook Add-Ins.

Let me know if you have any additional questions!

Thanks,

Tim

Posted: 08-05-2016, 9:02 AM

Thanks a ton Tim, helps a lot!

We are already stubbing with the V10 OnePass Exchange agent, so can't skip it, but we will start using the new agent soon as well until a migration path comes out to phase out the V10 agent.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy