Archiving UNC path from Windows Server? Not Applicable?

Last post 08-18-2016, 4:24 AM by iConsultant. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Archiving UNC path from Windows Server? Not Applicable?
    Posted: 08-18-2016, 3:38 AM

Hello!

We're just installed CV on our environment and we are currently testing out archiving.

Archiving works really good on the local Windows Server 2012 but not when trying to archive files from a UNC path. The permissions should not be a problem since i use my own account for testing purpose.

I get the following message when the job is done:

Archive job [8172] completed. Client [cv-win2012r2], Agent Type [Windows File System], Subclient [ArchiveTest], Archived [Not Applicable], Failed [0], Duration [00:00:53], Total Size [Not Applicable], Media or Mount Path Used [[BACKUPSERVER] F:\MP_Disklib\MP2].

Is this type of archiving not supported? Should i use the built-in NetApp client since we are using NetApp storage?

Kind regards,

Anthon

• Re: Archiving UNC path from Windows Server? Not Applicable?
    Posted: 08-18-2016, 4:24 AM

Hi,

Yes, OnePass for NetApp must be used.

See https://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v10/article?p=products/solutions/r_solution_protect_shares.htm and http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=products/fs_archive_win/overview.htm:

What Is Archived

• Local Volumes
    • Local Files and Folders
    • Mount points to volumes
    • Windows 8/ Windows 2012 on ReFS volumes
    • Non-deduplicated data that resides on a Windows deduped volume
    • Compressed Files
    • Microsoft Non-Content Indexed and Content Indexed files
    • Data that resides on Cluster Shared Volume File System for Windows 2012 and Windows 2012 R2 computers.

Recursive Scan method is used to back up and archive the data on the Cluster Shared Volume File System.

Thanks.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy