DASH from MA to MA over WAN

Last post 09-06-2016, 4:32 AM by jiri.glumbik. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • DASH from MA to MA over WAN
    Posted: 08-29-2016, 10:56 AM

Hi

I have a question about the DASH copy to another location (MA - DC02 to MA - DC01 over WAN)

For all ackups to the MA - DC02 we use global deduplication DDB (stored on local disks of MA - DC02). Primary backup data is stored through storage policy in local ContentStore MA - DC02 and through DASH policy are replicated to the MA - DC01. For DASH from MA - DC02 to MA - DC01 is used Global deduplication DDB on MA - DC01(Global deduplication database is stored to the MA - DC01)

Is DDB the location for DASH in MA - DC02 correct?

I see you somewhere size of the DB Cache (UseCacheDB)?

Can I read how many unique blocks of concrete job?

Is it possible to accelerate data read from the source MA - DC02 to MA - DC01 for DASH, I think the primary data are currently transferred completely from MA - DC02 to MA - DC01 and discard invalid blocks until MA - DC01 receive this bloks

Is there a setting that I could improve?

Setting up individual servers and policy is below

Server settings MA - DC02 (CS + MA)

Additional Settings

SP for DASH

Primary Copy in MA - DC02

DASH DC02_to_DC01

MA - DC01

Additional Settings

Sorry for my EN,

Many Thanks

Jiri

• Re: DASH from MA to MA over WAN
    Posted: 09-06-2016, 4:32 AM

Hi Jiri,

I think, that in your case, you shoud use "Disk Read Optimized Copy" on the "Primary Copy in MA - DC02" properties.

Look at a documentation : http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=features/deduplication/r_sourceside_cache_with_disk_read.htm

If you have network optimized copy, the data blocks have to be expanded from disk library to compute signatures. This slowdows the process by my opinion: http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=features/deduplication/r_sourceside_cache_with_ntk_read.htm

Regards

Jiri :-)

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy