Pruning algorythm

Last post 10-03-2016, 6:07 AM by AlexeyG. 0 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Pruning algorythm
    Posted: 10-03-2016, 6:07 AM

Hi. Does anyone know how to configure Simpana to delete retained jobs immediately? I know how to age them, but I can't find how to prune those were aged.

Here http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v10/article?p=features/data_aging/data_aging_overview.htm I found that:

When the data aging jobs is run, the data aging process compares the current retention settings of the storage policy copy to jobs on storage. Any jobs that are eligible to be aged are marked as aged. The data that has aged can be pruned depending on the jobs that are on disk or tape.

• For jobs that are on disk:
      • If Managed Disk Space is disabled and no auxiliary copies are depended on the jobs, they will be pruned. This will physically delete the data from the disk.
      • If Managed Disk Space is enabled, the jobs will remain until the Disk library reaches the upper watermark threshold defined in the Library Properties.
    When Magaged disk space was turned on, I, set up low watermark 20% when library is 84% full (space status become red), I also disabled Managed Disk Space, but anyway Simpana keeps old aged (transparent in job history) jobs. 
    In the instruction above written "upper watermark". Do somebody knows where is it? Or is it the same as "Low Watermark"?
    Thanks
The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy